Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back to Tracking -- 3.5 lbs lighter!

I completely fell off the wagon for the longest time yet when it comes to tracking, almost two weeks! For the most part I still ate relatively well, though I gained 2.5lbs when I was away in Ottawa on a work trip thanks to beer and food, but it was worth it. Getting ~10,000 steps per day in while I was up there probably helped, plus it made me feel really great! I love public transit, but it's not reliable enough here in Fredericton to use it.

I just started tracking again today, but I remembered yesterday well enough to put it in as well. Monday was the biggest binge eating night I've had since I started trying to lose weight in July. I had my third Thanksgiving dinner (Fri, Sun, Mon) with Jeff's family, and of course there was butterscotch pie for dessert. I made sure to load up on vegetables and was possibly the only person not to have a second serving of dessert. Woot! That night Sarah came down to visit (a friend living in T.O.) and we hung out in the living room watching television. Around 9:30pm we all got the munchies and headed to the big stop for a snack. I ended up eating 1/2 a chocolate chip cookie the size of my face (threw out the rest), a bottle of Coke Zero, a bunch of fresh fruit (Sarah & I split a fruit tray), and a small bag of sour cream & bacon chips. I can't even remember the last time I ate a bag of chips!

Speaking of binging, I got waaaaaay to into the Corona & tequila Saturday night at our "Mexican night." It was nice to see people together & I had really missed my buddy, Steve. I didn't even feel that I had a buzz after 6 Corona, but once I started the tequila I got drunk almost instantly. It was ridiculous! What's even more ridiculous was that I did 5 shots in under 20 minutes. I had a fantastic time running around downtown with everyone, and I remember the Aussie accent I picked up in Europe coming out, but I paid for it when we got back to Gina's place. I spent the next hour or so in the bathroom puking my guts out, and a bit more when I finally got home. Booooourns. It sucked hard, and I was so tired. Can't help but think that the upcoming "Last Man Standing" pubcrawl at the end of the month will break me. It's been sooooooo long since I've drank hard.

When I went home to visit friends & their families Sunday night I couldn't have been more pleased with the reaction. A lot of people commented on that I looked like I'd been losing weight! Woot! Since I still can't tell when I look at myself, it was a great compliment. :)

As the title says, when I weighed myself yesterday I somehow ended up being 3.5 lbs lighter than last week!! WOW! I couldn't believe it and ended up weighing myself 4 separate times before I could accept it. I was a great kick in the ass to get back to working hard. If I could randomly lose that much, I can only imagine how well I'd be doing if I got back to focusing! Plus, the end of the Provincial Challenge on the boards will be up soon and I'm over halfway to my goal! I definitely feel like I can reach it!

This weekend is going to be a challenge because we're going to N.S. to visit friends. I'm going to have to focus to ensure that I eat well, try to get some exercise in, and track!

No comments: